Based on definition found in some internet sites, Shift work is an employment practice designed to make use of the 24 hours of the clock, rather than a standard working day. The term shift work includes both long-term night shifts and work schedules in which employees change or rotate shifts. The common shift pattern are “the three shift system” where a day may be divided into three shifts, each of eight hours, and each employee works just one of those shifts; they might for example be 00:00 to 08:00, 08:00 to 16:00, 16:00 to 24:00. Generally, “first shift” refers to the day shift, with “second shift” running from late afternoon to midnight or so, and “third shift” being the night shift.
This is a weekly shift schedule for one week period and based on the condition that in one day period, a company might need two kind of shift patterns, like retail stores, where one shift pattern is created for that retail store employee that have direct relation with customers, and the other shift pattern is applied to its security people. And there is total working hour information next to the name of shift worker to help you monitor the total working hour of those workers.
You can follow below steps to start using this shift schedule spreadsheet:
1. Select your desired week period
2. Define your shift time for period 1 and 2
3. Fill the name, initial and title of your employee
4. Fill the title in the left column of shift schedule table
5. Select the the employee into the shift period table by selecting their initial name
6. Watch the number of hour per week that will be calculated automatically in employee table
You are free to modify this spreadsheet to map your shift schedule needs.
Employee Shift Schedule (22.3 KiB, 4,787 hits)